Department of Commerce
The Department of Commerce (DoC), a constituent unit of Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE), Bengaluru offers full-time UG & PG programs.
Highlights of the Department:
1. B.Com(Honors) is integrated with ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) which comes with a 6-paper exemption and classes conducted for the remaining 7-papers by professional trainers. Click here for additional details.
2. We facilitate US CMA (Certified Management Accountant) program and CA (Chartered Accountant) foundation and intermediate exams.
3. To enhance their professional competency, students are trained to clear different exams in NISM and NCFM modules.
4. An academically vibrant atmosphere where one learns from industry veterans and Professors of Practice.
5. Rich academic infrastructure, enabled with Wi-Fi, State-of-the-art facilities, library, computer lab, access to online resources, etc.,
6. Internships during their sixth and eighth semesters.
7. Career Guidance
8. Placement Training
9. Guest Lectures by Industry Professionals
The newsletter captures the major news and happenings in the Department over a period from July 2022 to December 2022.
Department of Commerce offers new gen specialisations like Business Analytics, Banking and Finance and Corporate Accounting in its undergraduate program.
M.Com-FA makes the students industry ready by making them specialise in various areas of Finance and Accounting.
Internships & Projects
B.Com(Honors) Students are required to undergo 04 weeks Internship during their fifth semester and undertake a project work for 14 weeks during their eighth semester.
M.Com - FA students are required to take up a mini project for 04 weeks during their third semester and a dissertation for 08 weeks during their fourth semester.
The internships and projects prepare the students for fast-tracking their careers in their chosen fields.
Student Clubs @ DOC
The learning experience should never be restricted to the academic classroom but rather focus on the all-around development of students. At DoC, MAHE Blr. we work towards the ‘holistic development of students across diverse areas of music, dance, painting, literature, and sports to shape their soft skills and finally, instill in them values and ethics.’
The following Clubs in different areas work towards all-round development of students:
Alyattes – The Finance Club
LumiEre – Cultural Club
Volorous - The Sports Club